We know how difficult it can be to find a really nice cabin that accepts dogs. Most of our guests do not bring pets, but about one in four do and if you’re among them, you’ve found a welcoming cabin for your canine. Sorry we aren’t able to accept cats.
Our cabins are privately owned and have different limits on pet size and crating requirements. A Stone’s Throw, Hillside Haven, Nature’s Nest and Wilderness Retreat DO NOT accept pets. If you have more than one dog, we’ll be happy to consider them on a case-by-case basis. Tell us a little about your dogs and we’ll let you know if they’re a good fit.
Pet stays are $50.00/animal per stay plus a $50.00 post-stay cleaning fee for first time dog guests. If you’ve stayed in the past with your pet and our housekeeper gave you good marks for cleaning up after your pet (No damage; yard area is clean; and floors, bedding and furniture are free of pet fur or slobber), the post-stay cleaning fee is waived. All pet stays must be approved in advance.
|Alpine Rose||1BR||preferred||Dogs must be 25 lbs. or less|
|Alpine Belle||1BR||preferred||Dogs must be 25 lbs. or less|
|Key to My Heart||1BR||preferred||Multiple dogs considered; up to 100 lbs.|
|Water's Edge||1BR||not required||Multiple dogs considered; up to 100 lbs.|
|Mountain Laurel||2BR||required||Dogs must be 25 lbs. or less|
|MountainView Haven||2BR||not required||Multiple dogs considered; up to 100 lbs.|
|Swaying Pines||2BR||not required||Multiple dogs considered; up to 100 lbs.|
|TreeHouse||2BR||not required||Multiple dogs considered; up to 100 lbs.|
|GrandView||2BR||not required||Multiple dogs considered; up to 100 lbs.|
Our Pet Policy
- Adult, well-mannered dogs only. Your pet must be at least one year old and housebroken.
- We require all pet guests to be on a flea and tick control program.
- Pets must be groomed just prior to your trip to minimize shedding.
- You agree to cover furniture and beds to protect them from pet fur.
- Per Sevier County regulations, pets must be on a leash and not allowed to run loose.
- Dogs may not be tied up outside or left alone on a deck.
- Your dog must not be confined in a bathroom or bedroom while you’re away. Either crate your pet or let him enjoy the run of the house. Confinement invites scratching or chewing.
- You agree to pick up after your pet and dispose of waste properly.
- Pets may not disturb the peace of the neighborhood. If your dog is likely to bark while you’re away, he is not happy nor will be the neighbors.
- Pet damage must be reported DURING your stay so we can promptly schedule repairs.
- If your pet causes damage, you agree to pay for repairs. Pet damage is NOT covered by the damage protection waiver.
Looking for Doggie Day Care?
Doggie day care is the perfect solution if you’re taking a day trip to the Biltmore or whitewater rafting at Oconaluftee. Remember, facilities usually require an advance meet and greet so be sure to plan ahead and bring your pet’s vaccination records.
Barks and Recreation 865-325-8245
Located at 2159 E. Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN–a 10 minute drive east from downtown Gatlinburg (5.5 miles from traffic light 3). Offers indoor, climate controlled play and sleep areas. Two outdoor play areas. $25/dog per day. Bring your pet’s food, collar and leash, plus vaccination records. If your pet requires medication, Barks and Recreation will administer meds at no charge.
The Barker Lounge 865-774-3140
Located at 1301 W. Main Street, Severville, TN. One of our past guests who made an overnight trip to Nashville to see a show used The Barker Lounge for her Yorkie and said it was a fantastic experience. $25/day per dog. Advance Meet and Greet required (not day of day care drop-off). Supervised daycare from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dogs are grouped only with friends of similar size and temperament.
Doggywood at Dollywood 865-428-9826
If you’re spending the day at Dollywood and plan to be there from the 10 a.m. opening to 10 p.m. close in the summer, you might want to consider Doggywood. Reservations are strongly recommended as they have only 12 kennels and 4 doggy cottages. Kennels are $25.00 and Doggy Cottages are $35.00. If you have 2 pets, each additional pet sharing the same space is only $5.00. Bring vaccination records and pet food.